European Parliament launches inquiry into US surveillance and spying
04/07/2013 | Permalink
Brussels, 4th July 2013. The European Parliament today decided to set up an investigation into the US NSA surveillance programme and its impact on EU citizens’ privacy, following concern from many MEPs about reports of extensive US spying on EU citizens and institutions. Read more on this entry.
- EP/Snowden – Mass surveillance the greatest human-rights challenge of our time
- EP the home of European democracy? Questionable
- EJC launches free source-verification handbook
- Edward Snowden has performed a service to democracy and should be protected from official retaliation
- Freedom of the Press Foundation plans to develop encryption tools for journalists