European Parliament launches inquiry into US surveillance and spying
04/07/2013 | Permalink
Brussels, 4th July 2013. The European Parliament today decided to set up an investigation into the US NSA surveillance programme and its impact on EU citizens’ privacy, following concern from many MEPs about reports of extensive US spying on EU citizens and institutions. Read more on this entry.
- EP/Snowden – Mass surveillance the greatest human-rights challenge of our time
- Edward Snowden’s fate in the European Parliament
- EP the home of European democracy? Questionable
- 8Q on security services – MEPs answer
- Edward Snowden has performed a service to democracy and should be protected from official retaliation