Gaining press accreditation to the EU institutions

Journalists, film crews and photographers can gain accreditation for press access to the EU institutions (European Parliament, European Commission, European Council) by applying to the European Commission.

Accreditation is granted by the Commission’s Communications DG (DG COMM) on the recommendation of an accreditation advisory committee that includes representatives of the International Press Association (IPA), Council and Parliament.

Link to the European Commission’s accreditation procedure.

Back to More FAQs