The video games industry is mushrooming. But, as a journalist, can you make money by writing for/about it? Around 130 people found out at this NMIC-sponsored ‘sold-out’ event in London on 18 April 2013.
See this article for one participant’s view: http://www.londonfreelance.org/fl/1305game.html
And his report on the session on writing narrative for games, at: http://www.londonfreelance.org/fl/1305narr.html
- Rhianna Pratchett – Freelance games writer, Tomb Raider.
- Steve Boxer – The Guardian.
- Will Porter – ex PC Zone, now co- running Hookshot and more.
- Dan Griliopoulos – ex PR turned full time freelance.
- Ed Stern – in-house game writer with Splash Damage.
- Andy Walsh – Game writer, Prince of Persia and many others.
- Lewis Denby – Big Boss at Beefjack.